Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Dinner - Blog Cop Out!

So - as I write this post, I am hoping that I am in good company with what I'm about to share. 

I attempted to make Easter cupcakes yesterday afternoon.  They didn't turn out quite how I was hoping. . . I know the cupcakes will still end up being good -IF, and only IF, you follow the recipe!  Unfortunately, I did not.  I think I was juggling too many things at one time, and I ended up putting in 1 C too much of flour.  Sigh.  So, while the cupcakes turned out fine for everyone else - I could tell that they were too heavy for a cupcake.  For something so relatively simple, how did I muck that up?  Well, let's see -

We had our exterminator here, and the cable guy here yesterday.  I had to still taxi my kids here and there for their after school activities, plus laundry, respond to emails and address my day to day to do list.  Oh yeah, and when I went to pick up my daughter from softball practice, she wasn't at the field she was supposed to be at and I had to try to "get in her mind" for a minute and think where she might be.  You would think she'd pick up her cell phone when I call, but because I absolutely HAD to talk to her, of course I can't seem to get a hold of her.  This may not seem like anything that you can't handle (I know there are a lot of super moms out there!), but I think my mo-jo was just off today.  Not sure why.  Maybe a new moon?  Or, maybe this is a normal thing for our house - remember the fire in the oven when I wasn't home??  Geez!  We truly are a travelling circus.

So - I read a lot of blogs and the authors are so great about planning ahead and blogging about a recipe just in time for a major holiday . . . like, ummm . . . Easter.  Me?  No, of course not!  I like to cook, then blog about my experiences as I cook.  Plan ahead for a holiday?  No.  Not me.  Maybe this rookie blogger will get better as time goes on. 

So - I'm copping out.  I'm not posting any recipes that will help you prepare for Easter.  Sorry!  However, I despise stressing out about anything - and I refuse to become slave to anything!  But, I am not leaving you high and dry - that is also something I absolutely despise! 

Here are recipes for you to review that will hopefully help you prepare for your Easter feast - all from blogs and websites that I go to on a regular basis.  I hope you enjoy their website as much as I do!

And, if I get my act together - I will post my super cute Easter cupcake recipe :-)

Easter Main Courses
Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary, Mustard and Garlic - That Skinny Chick Can Bake!
Tangerine Glazed Easter Ham - Tyler Florence & Food Network

Easter Sides
Roasted Asparagus with Grated Parmesan - Kitchen Groovy
Three Cheese Potato Gratin - Kitchen Groovy
Buttery New Potatoes with Parsley - Drick's Rambling Cafe
Orange and Honey Roasted Carrots with Candied Pecans - Simply Healthy Family

Easter Desserts
Peeps On A Pond - My Kids Eat Candy
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Bars - Ryan Bakes
Chick and Egg Cupcakes - Kitchen Groovy (recipe to come, I promise!!)


As always, enjoy and LIVE with gusto!
Carina

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your honesty and feel such relief. When I started blogging I had all these high hopes for myself about how organized and planned out I'd be and how I'd do these special things for every holiday. HA! I had no idea how long cooking/writing/photog. would take. I truly love blogging but life does get in the way!! You are doing a fantastic job and I love all of your delicious efforts and it will be fun to grow as bloggers and work out all of the kinks!

    P.S. thanks for the shout out!! :) Happy Easter and looking forward to the chick and egg cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Carina! We brought Peeps on a Pond to a potluck last night, and they were the hit of the party. You gotta love desserts that are guaranteed to make people not just smile, but laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the too much flour w bread a few time being distracted, ooops! ;)
    Thank you for mentioning me! Very sweet. Funny tho, this is actually the first time I've been able to post a holiday dish before the holiday and only because we celebrated early since my fam's going to be out of town on Easter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for mentioning the potatoes and now I know what my 'other' potato dish will be, your gratin with 3 cheeses, I mean, come on, that has to be fantastic right? and it looks so good too
    have a blessed Easter and may it be stressed free...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the mention, Carina. I messed up my red velvet brownie recipe that I posted today...I left the liquid out of the frosting! SO glad I'm not the only one...I, too, was doing too much, too fast. I still haven't finalized my Easter menu, so I'm going to check out some of your links :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS...I just tagged you on my blog :) Happy Easter~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just joined your networkeblog group! Good luck on your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete