Monday, June 13, 2011

Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad

Good Monday morning to all!  This is our first "official" day of summer vacation - and we welcome it with open arms!  Of course, we started off our morning bright and early with swimming lessons for Miss Sunshine!!

I found this recipe from an awesome food blog - and once I saw it, I knew I HAD to try it.  I didn't make it exactly the way Pip made it, but it sure inspired me to make something similar.  You should really check out this blog, Pip and Ebby - I have found so many great recipes from this dynamic duo.  Click here for their original recipe - I highly recommend you try it!!

I made a few adjustments, based on my own families likes and dislikes.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE finding recipes that give me inspiration to make something for my own family that they will love.  And sure enough - this is the best recipe I'm posting so far as part of my "Picnic at the Park" series!!  Here is my attempt at something similar  :-)

Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
Original Recipe by Pip and Ebby
Adapted Recipe by Kitchen Groovy

20 oz. package of cheese tortellini
8 oz. summer sausage, cubed
8 oz. colby jack cheese, cubed
1 zucchini, quartered
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 C shredded carrots
1/2 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing

Cook tortellini according to package directions.  Run under cool water to cool pasta.  Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients.  Toss with italian dressing.  Chill in refrigerator, then serve.




I didn't have any on hand, but I thought brocolli would be a great addition, too.  I love it that it is packed full of veggies and protein :-)  It was PERFECT for a nice summer picnic!  Thank you Pip and Ebby for giving me inspiration to feed the family!!

Please click here for a printable version of this recipe - Kitchen Groovy

Enjoy and live with gusto!

3 comments:

  1. Tortellini in pasta salad is all the vogue now... with good reason! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tortellini pasta sald and yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. tarpon fly fish

    ReplyDelete